Bibliotherapy Question Stems
The following question stems are examples of guided discussion starters for use during bibliotherapy exercises (Dann, 2006):
- What is the biggest issue that the main character is facing in this book?
- How do you think the main character feels when…
- What strengths does the main character possess that may help him/her work through the situation?
- Have you or someone you know ever faced a similar situation? If so, how was it handled?
- What would you have done if you were the main character in this book? Would you have done anything differently? If so, what?
- What advice would you give to the main character or anyone else facing a similar situation?
- Can you identify any significant cause and effect relationships from the book?